American River Tours & Whitewater Adventures
Rated #1 Whitewater Rafting Trip in California by Trip Advisor!
August, 2022: We will have excellent rafting water all summer through September 12.
If you have a large group or would like to do a custom trip with meals please contact us by text or email.
We recommend making your online reservation at least 24 hours in advance but we do take walk-ins if space is available.
We've been rafting the American River for more than 40 years. Our trips are fun for everyone... first timers and veteran rafters alike will have the time of their lives on the South Fork of the American River! Rafting is the perfect outdoor activity for families and groups.
What sets us apart from other rafting companies is our talented staff. Our skilled river guides each average more than 15 years of professional rafting on the American River and other rivers throughout the world. We raft with safety as our number one objective and we let you experience fun, unique and interesting stuff on every trip:
- Discover fun river things to do like "surfing" and "riding the bull" on the class 3 South Fork.!
- Our class 4 Middle Fork trip is a great choice for adventurous rafters
- Learn about the interesting river history of the Coloma area and California's Gold Rush
- Bring a picnic lunch and relax at our beautiful riverfront resort before or after your half day river trip.
- Families with children as young as 3 years old can raft on our 2 hour Lazy River trip!
Half Day River trips - prices start at $79 per person
- South Fork American - Upper Section Rafting 9:00AM check-in
- South Fork American - Lower Section Rafting 1:00PM check-in
- South Fork American - Lazy River Section Rafting 1:30PM check-in - 2 hour trip for families with young kids!
Full Day River trips - prices start at $149 per person
- South Fork American - 1 Day Gorge with lunch 10:00AM check-in
- South Fork American - 1 Day Whole River with lunch 8:30AM check-in
- Middle Fork American - 1 Day Class 4 Rafting with lunch 9:00AM check-in
Multi Day River trips - prices start at $299 per person
- South Fork American - 2 Day with camping and meals
- South and Middle Fork American - 2 Day with camping and meals
- South and Middle Fork American - 3 Day with camping and meals
Camping at the River!
River Park Resort, our 9 acre private rafting facility is located on the South Fork American River in a quiet corner of the Coloma/ Lotus Valley. It features almost a quarter mile of pristine river frontage:
- Bring your own camping gear and camp during your river trip!
- Private areas for swimming and sunbathing.
- Uncrowded places to camp, picnic and relax. perfect for social distancing!
- Modern restrooms
- Rent our resort for a day or a weekend for a group outing or event. Contact us for information regarding rates and availability.
2022 Water Information
The South Fork of the American River will have guaranteed class 3 rafting from May 14 to September 2 (summer schedule).
The Middle Fork of the American River will have class 4 rafting in June, July and August.
Please check our calendar for rafting days and pricing