American River Tours & Whitewater Adventures
Rated #1 Whitewater Rafting Trip in California by Trip Advisor!
March 19, 2020
Covid-19 Update: The health and safety of our customers and team members remains our top priority as we navigate the evolving COVID-19 global health challenge. We are closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 and will continue to watch this situation closely, taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and local authorities.
For service-related questions regarding our rafting trips and changes to itineraries, please contact your Beyond Limits service team at 800.234.7238 (phone or text) or firstname.lastname@example.org (email).
We have delayed the opening of our season until May 23, 2020 as an initial step towards assessing what the effect of the outbreak will have on our trips. As we progress we will keep our clients posted on start dates and changes in itineraries. Initially we plan to offer rafting trips with limited meals (only locally produced snacks), camping with your own equipment and small group sizes of immediate family members. If you have a trip booked and you feel sick, please stay at home. Once the crisis has subsided we will change our trips to include large groups. Our most popular time of the year is July, August and September thanks to the guaranteed flows that we have on the South and Middle Forks of the American River. We are hoping that these trips will be unaffected by the virus.
Our team feels that it is important that the outdoor adventure and tourism business remains viable and that is why we are trying our best to keep our service available to the public this season. Getting outdoors will be a very important aspect of daily life after the crisis has passed.
Please be assured if you do book a trip and we cancel it for any safety reason you will be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid to Beyond Limits Adventures. We prefer that you consider a rain check credit towards a future trip since our small business depends on our loyal clients and returning guests.
Please stay safe and healthy!
Beyond Limits Adventures is the number one whitewater rafting outfitter on the American River. We've been rafting the 3 forks of the American River for more than 39 years. Our trips are fun for everyone... first timers and veteran rafters alike will have the time of their lives on the American River! We are the perfect outdoor activity for families, company outings and special events of all types!
What sets us apart from other rafting companies is our talented staff. Our skilled river guides each average more than 12 years of professional rafting on the American River and other rivers throughout the world. We raft with safety as our number one objective and we also let you experience fun, unique and interesting stuff on every trip:
- Discover fun rafting things to do like "surfing" and "riding the bull"!
- Learn about the interesting river history of the Coloma area and California's Gold Rush.
- Go Pro video cameras are on board our rafts and you can view the spectacular footage after your trip!
FREE GoPro video of your trip!
for groups of 12 of more persons
We are rated as the #1 rafting company on the American River... here's why!
- We keep our trips smaller and more personable than other outfits do. Groups of 6 or more per raft is a perfect size for our trips!
- Our river guides enjoy our working environment and have the personality and skills to make your trip truly special.
- Our spacious private riverfront camping resort is never crowded which makes our overnight trips truly memorable and enjoyable.
- We're old school... we believe that a day on the river should be relaxing and fun. Our trips are designed to keep you away from the crowds.
Reservations are required but last minute and walk in bookings are also possible during weekdays. Start planning your Beyond Limits rafting adventure here!
Our Top 3 Whitewater Rafting Trips for 2020!
- South Fork American - 2 Day Trip
- South Fork of the American - Afternoon Half Day trip
- South Fork of the American - 1 Day Gorge Trip
River front camping
River Park Resort, our 9 acre rafting facility is located on the South Fork American River in a quiet corner of the Coloma/ Lotus Valley. It features almost a quarter mile of pristine river frontage:
- Private areas for swimming and sunbathing.
- Uncrowded places to camp and relax.
- Evening campfire next to the river for your enjoyment!
- Modern restrooms with flush toilets, hot showers and electrical outlets,
- Bring your own camping equipment or rent a cabin tent or yurt from us during your stay!
- Camping is included on our 2 day South Fork American rafting trips!
2020 Water Update
The South Fork American River will have excellent water flows every day during spring snow melt in the months of April, May and June.
From July through September we will have guaranteed normal water flows and fun rapids 7 days per week!
South Fork American - Class 3 (no experience required). recommended for ages 10 and above in Springtime and 7 and above during the summer.
Please check our calendar for rafting days and pricing