American River Tours & Whitewater Adventures
Rated #1 Whitewater Rafting Trip in California by Trip Advisor!
September, 2022: Our season is over for 2022. Stay tuned for our 2023 season information!
If you have a large group or would like to do a custom river trip please contact us by text or email.
We recommend making your online reservation at least 24 hours in advance but we do take walk-ins if space is available.
We've been rafting the American River for more than 40 years. Our trips are fun for everyone... first timers and veteran rafters alike will have the time of their lives on the South Fork of the American River! Rafting is the perfect outdoor activity for families and groups.
What sets us apart from other rafting companies is our commitment to providing you with the best river trip available in the west. Since 1983 our talented staff has been leading class 5 river adventures throughout North America and now we are focused on bringing all of this experience to the American River. Our skilled river guides each average more than 15 years of professional rafting on the American River and other rivers throughout the world. We raft with safety as our number one objective and we let you experience fun, unique and interesting stuff on every trip:
- Everything is included! We offer the ultimate class 3 river trip in the west,
with friendly and skilled river guides, 3 meals per day, beverages, yurt accomodations and GoPro footage of your river trip included at no extra cost.
- Discover fun river things to do like "surfing" and "riding the bull" on the class 3 South Fork.!
- Our riverfront resort overlooks the river. Our yurts have comfortable beds with flush toilets and hot showers nearby.
- Learn about the interesting river history of the Coloma area and California's Gold Rush
- Food is included on your river trip, with healthy meals prepared by our staff and served on our dining patio.
- Families with children as young as 6 years old can raft on our Ultimate River Trip!
"The Ultimate River Trip"
- South Fork American - 1 Day Overnighter- Whole River 18 mile trip with 3 meals. 9:00AM check-in:
Raft the full South Fork in one day with a stop for lunch at our dining patio midway through the trip. Plan to be back to camp by 6:00 PM. Dinner is served at 7:00PM, one night camping in a yurt and breakfast in the morning are also included. Check out time is 12:00 noon.
- Middle Fork American- June through September. 8:30 AM pick up from River Park Resort. Minimum age is 16 years old
- North Fork American - April and May. Minimum age is 16 years old.
Camping on your River Trip
River Park Resort, our 9 acre private rafting facility is located on the South Fork American River in a quiet corner of the Coloma/ Lotus Valley. It features almost a quarter mile of pristine river frontage:
- Fully furnished yurts over look the river and hold up to 2 adults and 2 youth per yurt
- Private areas for swimming and sunbathing.
- Uncrowded places to relax after your river trip
- Modern restrooms
- Meals and beverages are included during your stay
2023 Water Information
The South Fork of the American River will have guaranteed class 3 rafting from May 14 to September 2 (summer schedule).
The Middle Fork of the American River will have class 4 rafting in June, July and August.
Please check our calendar for rafting days and pricing