American River Tours & Whitewater Adventures
Rated #1 Whitewater Rafting Trip in California by Trip Advisor!
August, 2021: Our summer 2021 season is in full swing! Book your river trip today!
We recommend making your online reservation at least 24 hours in advance but we do take walk-ins if space is available.
We've been rafting the South Fork of the American River for more than 40 years. Our trips are fun for everyone... first timers and veteran rafters alike will have the time of their lives on the American River! Rafting is the perfect "low risk" outdoor activity for families and groups.
What sets us apart from other rafting companies is our talented staff. Our skilled river guides each average more than 15 years of professional rafting on the American River and other rivers throughout the world. We raft with safety as our number one objective and we also let you experience fun, unique and interesting stuff on every trip:
- Discover fun river things to do like "surfing" and "riding the bull"!
- Learn about the interesting river history of the Coloma area and California's Gold Rush
- Bring a picnic lunch and relax at our beautiful riverfront resort before or after your river trip
- Families with children as young as 3 years old can raft on our 2 hour Lazy River trip!
Our River trips
- South Fork American - Upper Section Rafting 9:00AM check-in
- South Fork American - Lower Section Rafting 1:00PM check-in
- South Fork American - Full River All Day Rafting 9:00AM check-in
- South Fork American - Lazy River Family Float 1:30PM check-in
Spend a day at the River!
River Park Resort, our 9 acre private rafting facility is located on the South Fork American River in a quiet corner of the Coloma/ Lotus Valley. It features almost a quarter mile of pristine river frontage:
- Private areas for swimming and sunbathing.
- Uncrowded places to picnic and relax. perfect for social distancing!
- Modern restrooms
- Rent our resort for a day or a weekend for a group outing or event. Contact us for information regarding rates and availability.
2021 Water Information
The South Fork of the American River will have guaranteed water flows from May 29 to September 6 (summer schedule).
On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sundays and Monday dates throughout this summer schedule our trips have good water flows for our normal whitewater rafting trips.
On Tuesday and Wednesday dates throughout the summer schedule our water flows will be low and only the Lazy River trip is an option for family rafting with young children.
Please check our calendar for rafting days and pricing