American River Tours & Adventures
Rated #1 on Trip Advisor for Lotus, California!
2017 will be a rafting season for the record books! Be a part of it and Plan your trip now!
updated April 24, 2017:
The American River water outlook is looking great for 2017! With almost double our normal amount of snow, the American River will have the best rafting conditions ever this season. Beyond Limits Adventures plans to raft 7 days per week from May through September. We recommend that you book your trip well in advance so we'll have space for your group. We'll look forward to seeing you on the river!
Beyond Limits Adventures is the number one rafting outfitter on the American River. We've been rafting the 3 forks of the American River for more than 36 years. Our trips are fun for everyone... first timers and veteran rafters alike will have the time of their lives on the American River! We are the perfect outdoor activity for families, company outings and special events of all types!
What sets us apart from other rafting companies is our talented staff. Our uniquely skilled river guides each average more than 12 years of rafting experience on the American River and other rivers throughout the world. We raft with safety as our number one objective and we do fun stuff that no other company with less experience can:
- Surf waves and "ride the bull" just by asking your guide!
- Learn about the unique history of the Coloma area and California's Gold Rush.
- If a mellow raft float is what you prefer, we do that as well!
We're not the largest rafting company on the American River... just the best! Unlike the biggest rafting companies on the American River, we try to keep our trips smaller and more enjoyable for most folks! Our uncrowded facilities are available for our guests only. We're old school... we believe that a day on the river should be relaxing and fun, away from the crowds.
- Our spacious riverfront private campground is available for our overnight and 2 day rafters.
- Our food is served buffet style, fresh and plentiful. Vegetarians and food allergies are not a problem.
- GoPro video cameras are aboard our rafts so you can share your adventure with your friends online.
- We schedule our trips to avoid the crowded times on the river.
Reservations are required. Start planning your Beyond Limits rafting vacation here!
Beyond Limits' 3 Most Popular Rafting Trips for 2017:
Raft all the big rapids on the famous Gorge section with a picnic lunch!
Duration: 5 hours
Start Time: 10:00AM (weekends), 11:00AM (weekdays), Daily
Special deals for 2017: 20 % discount for groups, midweek discounts.
Upgrade to a 1 day overnighter which includes camping and meals!
#2 Afternoon Trip: South Fork American River Our best value!
Raft all the big rapids on the famous Gorge in one afternoon!
Duration: 4 hours on the river. No meals, just rapids!
Start Time: 1:00 PM - Daily
Special deals for 2017: Kids raft for half price on select weekday afternoon trips!
Raft the entire 21 miles of the fabulous South Fork with camping & meals at our private riverfront resort:
Duration: 2 days
Start Time: 10:00AM Mon.,Thurs., Saturday.
Special deals for 2017: 20 % off for groups, Kids raft for $100 off on Mon/Tues 2 day trips!
All trips on the South Fork American River:
Season: May through September - Daily trips
Difficulty: Class 3 - Fun for all rafters ages 7 and up
Includes: Rafts, Professional Guides, Shuttle, Refreshments.
What to Bring: water shoes, swimsuit, hat, sunscreen.
Price: Check our calendar for pricing and availability.
CLASS 4 - Advanced Rafting Trips
We offer 1 day class 4 trips on rivers for groups of 6 or more persons. For these class 4 rivers everyone in your group must be athletic and a good swimmer. If you are ready to step it up to a more challenging experience than the South Fork American we recommend the following rivers and dates for 2017:
- North Fork American River - May 6 through June 19, daily departures
- North Fork Yuba River - June 20 through July 16, daily departures
- Middle Fork American River - July 17 through September 17, daily departures
River front camping
River Park Resort, our 9 acre rafting facility is located on the South Fork American River in a quiet corner of the Coloma/ Lotus Valley. It features almost a quarter mile of pristine river frontage:
- Private areas for swimming and sunbathing.
- Uncrowded places to camp and relax.
- Evening campfire next to the river for your enjoyment!
- Modern restrooms with flush toilets, hot showers and electrical outlets,
- Camp store with ice cold beer on tap and local wines for sale.
- Bring your own camping equipment or rent a cabin tent or yurt from us during your stay!
- Camping and meals are included our 1 day overnighter and 2 day South Fork American rafting trips!
2017 Water Update
The American River will be flowing strong all summer thanks to our 180% of normal Sierra Nevada snowpack!
South Fork American - Class 3 (no experience required). Water flows every day from now through September, 2017.
Middle Fork American - Class 4 (advanced). Ideal water flows every day from late July through September, 2017.
North Fork American - Class 4 (advanced). Ideal water flows early May through mid June, 2017.
North Fork Yuba - Class 4 & 5 (advanced). Ideal water flows mid June through mid July, 2017.
Please check our calendar for rafting days and pricing