American River Tours & Whitewater Adventures
Rated #1 Whitewater Rafting Trip in California by Trip Advisor!
January, 2022: Stay tuned for info on what 2022 has to offer. Our Sierra snowpack is looking great and our 2022 rafting season should be epic!
We recommend making your online reservation at least 24 hours in advance but we do take walk-ins if space is available.
We've been rafting the American River for more than 40 years. Our trips are fun for everyone... first timers and veteran rafters alike will have the time of their lives on the South Fork of the American River! Rafting is the perfect outdoor activity for families and groups.
What sets us apart from other rafting companies is our talented staff. Our skilled river guides each average more than 15 years of professional rafting on the American River and other rivers throughout the world. We raft with safety as our number one objective and we also let you experience fun, unique and interesting stuff on every trip:
- Discover fun river things to do like "surfing" and "riding the bull" on the class 3 South Fork.!
- Our class 4 Middle Fork trip is a great choice for adventurous rafters
- Learn about the interesting river history of the Coloma area and California's Gold Rush
- Bring a picnic lunch and relax at our beautiful riverfront resort before or after your river trip
- Families with children as young as 3 years old can raft on our 2 hour Lazy River trip!
Our River trips
- South Fork American - Upper Section Rafting 9:00AM check-in
- South Fork American - Lower Section Rafting 1:00PM check-in
- South Fork American - Full River All Day Rafting 9:00AM check-in
- South Fork American - Lazy River Family Float 1:30PM check-in
- Middle Fork American - Full River All Day Rafting 8:00AM check-in
- North Fork Yuba - Maytag Section Rafting 10:00AM check-in
Spend a day at the River!
River Park Resort, our 9 acre private rafting facility is located on the South Fork American River in a quiet corner of the Coloma/ Lotus Valley. It features almost a quarter mile of pristine river frontage:
- Private areas for swimming and sunbathing.
- Uncrowded places to picnic and relax. perfect for social distancing!
- Modern restrooms
- Rent our resort for a day or a weekend for a group outing or event. Contact us for information regarding rates and availability.
2022 Water Information
The South Fork of the American River will have guaranteed class 3 rafting from May 1 to September 26 (summer schedule).
The Middle Fork of the American River will have class 4 rafting in June, July, August and September
Please check our calendar for rafting days and pricing