American River Tours & Whitewater Adventures
Rated #1 Whitewater Rafting Trip in California by Trip Advisor!
October, 2020: Our 2020 season has ended, check back for information about rafting in 2021!
We've been rafting the South Fork of the American River for more than 39 years. Our trips are fun for everyone... first timers and veteran rafters alike will have the time of their lives on the American River! We are the perfect "low risk" outdoor activity for families and small groups during the current covid-19 situation. We practice approved social distancing techniques during your stay!
What sets us apart from other rafting companies is our talented staff. Our skilled river guides each average more than 15 years of professional rafting on the American River and other rivers throughout the world. We raft with safety as our number one objective and we also let you experience fun, unique and interesting stuff on every trip:
- Discover fun river things to do like "surfing" and "riding the bull"!
- Learn about the interesting river history of the Coloma area and California's Gold Rush
- Bring a picnic lunch and relax at our beautiful riverfront resort before or after your river trip
Our River trips
- South Fork American - Upper Section Rafting 9:00AM check-in
- South Fork American - Lower Section Rafting 1:00PM check-in
- South Fork American - Full River All Day Rafting 9:00AM check-in
- South Fork American - Tubing 1:00PM check-in
Spend a day at the River!
River Park Resort, our 9 acre private rafting facility is located on the South Fork American River in a quiet corner of the Coloma/ Lotus Valley. It features almost a quarter mile of pristine river frontage:
- Private areas for swimming and sunbathing.
- Uncrowded places to picnic and relax. perfect for social distancing!
- Modern restrooms
- Day use is included for our Upper South Fork American rafting trips and our South Fork American tubing trips!
2020 Water Information
The South Fork of the American River will have excellent water flows Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through September!
South Fork American - Class 3 (no experience required). Recommended for ages 7 and above.
Please check our calendar for rafting days and pricing