American River Tours & Adventures
Rated #1 on Trip Advisor for Lotus, California!
Optimum water flows are projected for our 2016 Season!
Welcome to Beyond Limits Adventures, your best choice for rafting trips on the beautiful American River!
Beyond Limits Adventures is the number one rafting outfitter on the American River, offering guided whitewater rafting adventures for more than 36 years. Our trips are fun for everyone... first timers and veteran rafters alike will have the time of their lives on the American River!
What sets us apart from other rafting companies is our staff. Our uniquely skilled river guides each average more than 12 years of rafting experience on the American River and other rivers throughout the world. We raft with safety as our number one objective and we do fun stuff that no other company with less experience can:
- Surf waves, "ride the bull" and slide on ramp rocks just by asking your guide!
- Try out our inflatable kayaks, smaller rafts and river tubes for something unique!
- If a mellow raft float is what you prefer, we love to do that as well!
Beyond Limits' Most Popular Rafting Trip for 2016:
Afternoon Trip: South Fork American River Gorge
Raft all the big rapids on the famous Gorge in one afternoon!
Duration: 4 hours on the river.
Start Time: 1:00 PM - every day from May through September!
Difficulty: Class 3 - Moderate
Includes: Equipment, Professional Guide, Shuttles, Refreshments.
What to Bring: Shoes or sandals are mandatory, comfortable clothing and swimsuit, hat, sunscreen & some money for beer, wine, snacks and photos after the trip!
Price: $109 per Adult*
* Prices do not include river use fees
Beyond Limits Adventures also owns the nicest riverfront rafting resort in the west! River Park Resort, our 9 acre rafting facility is located on the South Fork American River in a quiet corner of the Coloma/ Lotus Valley. It features almost a quarter mile of pristine river frontage:
- Private areas for swimming and sunbathing.
- Uncrowded places to camp and relax.
- Evening campfire next to the river for your enjoyment!
- Modern restrooms with flush toilets, hot showers and electrical outlets,
- Camp store with ice cold beer on tap and local wines for sale.
- Bring your own camping equipment or rent a cabin tent or yurt from us during your stay!
- Free camping is included on our 1 and 2 day rafting trips!
2016 Water Update - The American River is the most popular river in the west for whitewater rafting and also has the most dependable flows during the summer months:
South Fork American - Class 3 (no experience required). Water flows every day from April through September
Middle Fork American - Class 4 (advanced). Season starts July, 2016. Water flows every day from late June until September
North Fork American - Class 4 (advanced). Water flows May through mid June.
North Fork Yuba - Class 4 & 5 (advanced). Water Flows May and June.
Please check our calendar for rafting days and pricing
2016 Rafting Deals
Check out our discounts for the best rates on the South Fork of the American River. This is a great choice for any type of group trip - including school groups, company trips and family mini vacations.